Quiz on English Grammar for Class 8 with Answers presents for the 8th standard students to cultivate the grammatical knowledge of class 8 students. English Quiz comprises all the grammatical topics included in class 8.
A quiz on English Grammar for Class 8 with Answers will encourage students to learn English Grammar. This will also develop their skills in English Grammar with fun.
English Grammar Quiz Class 8 consists of a variety of multiple-choice questions. It covers topics such as verb tenses, sentence structure, punctuation, and parts of speech.
English Grammar MCQ Questions Answers | Quiz
1. Do not hanker __ money. ( Fill in the blanks with prepositions)
(d) of👁️Show Answer
Ans: (c) after
2. He is a man of great wisdom. ( Identify the type of underlined phrase)
(a) Noun phrase
(b) Adjective phrase
(c) Prepositional phrase
(d) Adverbial phrase👁️Show Answer
Ans: (b) Adjective phrase
3. Tell me how coffee is made. (Identify the type of underlined clause)
(a) Principal Cluse
(b) Noun clause
(c) Adjective clause
(d) Subordinate clause👁️Show Answer
Ans: (a) Principal cluse
4. The President __ a speech for three hours. (Fill with the correct verb form)
(a) was delivered
(b) were delivering
(c) had been delivering
(d) was being delivered👁️Show Answer
Ans: (c) had been delivering
5. The man said, “Oh! What a beautiful painting is this.”(Turn into Indirect Narration)
(a) The man exclaimed in wonder that that was a very beautiful painting.
(b) The man suggested that that was a very beautiful painting.
(c) The man exclaimed in sorrow that that was a beautiful painting.
(d) The man told that that was a beautiful painting
Ans: (a) The man exclaimed in wonder that that was a very beautiful painting.
6. Quinine tastes bitter. (Change the voice)
(a) Quinine is tasted when it is bitter.
(b) Quinine is bitter when it is tasted.
(c) You are advised to taste Quinine.
(d) Quinine is tasted by bitter.👁️Show Answer
Ans: (b) Quinine is bitter when it is tasted.
7. I warned him. He ignored me. (Join into a complex sentence)
(a) As I warned him, he ignored me.
(b) I warned him because he ignored me.
(c) In spite of my warning, he ignored me.
(d) Though I warned him, he ignored me.👁️Show Answer
Ans: (d) Though I warned him, he ignored me.
8. He is not my friend. He is not my enemy. (Make it a negative sentence)
(a) He is not my friend like an enemy
(b) He is neither my friend and my enemy
(c) He is neither my friend nor my enemy
(d) He is not my friend nor my enemy👁️Show Answer
Ans: c) He is neither my friend nor my enemy
9. There __ be more buses during rush hours. ( Fill in the blanks with ‘Modal Verb’)
(d) must👁️Show Answer
Ans: (a) will
10. The tiger is chased by the __ . (Fill in the blank)
(d) daer👁️Show Answer
Ans: (c) deer