English Grammar Mock Test Class 10 WBBSE has been given here for the students of the WBBSE board. This English Grammar Mock Test Class 10 WBBSE is a periodical test. Those who are willing may take part in this test to check their progress in English Grammar.
English Grammar Test: Class 10: F.M 30: Time
Fill in the blanks with appropriate articles and prepositions. [1×6=6]
1. Gandhiji’s funeral was to take place ________ day after his death. Hours ________ advance, people lined the route the funeral procession was to follow. Padmasi, Mrs. Naidu’s daughter, spoke ________ us all.
2. Most people think that the cat is ________unintelligent animal, fond ________ ease and caring little ________ anything but mice and milk.
Fill in the blanks with the proper form of verbs. [1×3=3]
1. Rabindranath used to (sit/sat/sitting) by the window. He (observed/observes) nature from the window of his room. His writing (influencing/were influenced) largely by the environment around.
Do as Directed [1×21=21]
1. Virat Kohli is not an actor. He is not a singer too. (Join using ‘neither-nor’)
2. The train arrived. We jumped inside. (Join using ‘no sooner’)
3. The gate will be closed at night. (Change the voice)
4. Her books have been sold over a billion copies. (Change the voice)
5. The boy said. “Why are you wasting your time by using android phone excessively?” (Change the mode of Narration)
6. The boy said to his friend, “Why didn’t you come to school yesterday?” (Change the mode of Narration)
7. The poem is too simple to need an explanation. (Remove too…to)
8. You must avoid smoking to live longer. (Make it complex)
9. I shall go with your permission. (Begin with If …)
10. No sooner did he reach the station than the train left. ( Turn it into affirmative)
11. I must go down to the seas again, ( Make it negative)
12. None will deny that he is honest ( Make it Declarative)
13. It was the darkest evening of the year(Make it negative)
14. He is confident of his success. ( Replace with Noun form of the underlined word)
15. An ant is as intelligent as an elephant. ( Replace with Noun form of the underlined word)
16. Claude and I never quarrelled. ( Replace with Noun form of the underlined word)
17. He turned out to be a meritorious man. ( Replace with Noun form of the underlined word)
18. He looks keenly from side to side. ( Replace with Adjective form of the underlined word)
19. Evidently he had made a mistake. ( Replace with Adjective form of the underlined word)
20. He was satisfied. He accepted the proposal. ( Join into simple sentence)
21. He is poor. He is honest. ( Join into simple sentence)
Choose the correct phrasal verbs from the list given below to replace the words underlined. Write the correct phrasal verbs in the boxes on the right-hand side changing the form where necessary. There is one extra phrasal verb in the list. [1×3=3]
(i) Cholera has spread suddenly in the village.
(ii) Anita quarrelled with her sister.
(iii) I have read the book throughly.
[List: go through, give up, call up, fall out, break out]