Wings Class 5 Lesson 7 Answers Activity 1 to Activity 12 has been answered activity-wise from Activity 1 to Activity 12 in the following. Wings are included as a supportive material book for class 5.
Lesson 7 – wings Class 5
Let’s do :
Tick the correct alternatives :
1. The girls will perform on
(a) Republic Day
(b) Independence Day
(c) Annual Sports Day
Ans : (b) Independence Day
2. At Moni’s house they decided to spend
(a) one hour
(b) two hours
(c) three hours
Ans : (b) two hours
3. The three girls will represent
(a) class VI of their school.
(b) class V of their school.
(c) class VII of their school.
Ans : (b) class V of their school.
4. The three friends decided to prepare
(a) a drama.
(b) a script.
(c) an extempore.
Ans : (b) a script.
5. Razia knew poems and songs of
(a) Rabindranath Tagore.
(b) Satyendranath Dutta.
(c) Kazi Nazrul Islam.
Ans : (c) Kazi Nazrul Islam.
Read more: Wings Class 5 Solution.
Write T for true and for also statements in the given boxes :
(a) The three girls will treat 15th August as a holiday. – F
(b) They will only recite poems of patriotism. – F
(c) They will take help of their teachers to prepare their script. – T
(d) Tania mentioned the name of Rabindranath Tagore. – F
(e) Passionate writings of great poets inspired our freedom fighters. – T
Complete the following sentences with information from the text.
1. Moni, Razia and Taniya will prepare script with some poems and songs on patriotism.
2. Passionate writings of some great poets inspired our freedom fighters.
3. Razia knew songs of the rebel poet Kazi Nazrul Islam.
4. The girls will inspire their classmates to come to school on Independence Day.
5. Moni was very excited to pay tribute to the revolutionaries of her motherland.
Fill in the blanks with the words from the text:
1. Works of great men always inspired us to do some good for our fellow citizens.
2. The boy represented his class in the essay competition.
3. People irrespective of caste and creed worked together to eradicate Dengue from their locality.
4. We pay tribute to our revolutionaries on the Independence Day.
5. Our journey by train will take a couple of hours to reach our destination.
6. Many people were put in jail for their passionate work in the British era.
An Adverb is a word that modifies a Verb, Adjective, or another Adverb.
|Kinds of Adverbs||How to identify||Examples|
|Adverb of time||ask Verb a question with ‘When’||1. My father will return home ‘today’. 2. ‘Yesterday’ I went to see a magic show.|
|Adverb of place||ask Verb a question with ‘Where’||3. Please come ‘here’. 4. A strange man was standing ‘nearby’.|
|Adverb of manner||ask Verb a question with ‘How’ Formed adding ‘ly’ at the end.||5. The tourist guide spoke ‘softly’. 6. The little boys smiled ‘cheerfully’.|
Let’s do :
Read the following sentences and underline the adverbs. Write ‘Adverb of manner’, ‘Adverb of time’, and Adverb of place’ in proper boxes.
1. The old lady screamed so loudly that everyone rushed to her.
2. We slept comfortably on the wooden floor.
3. My cousins will visit me tomorrow.
4. They reached their village soon.
5. Lisa sang more sweetly than her sister.
6. I placed the dictionaries there.
7. Sima visited me recently.
8. You must leave now, or you will miss the bus.
9. She gazed at the painting admiringly.
|Adverb of manner||Adverb of place||Adverb of time|
Let’s do :
Fill in the blanks with adverbs. You can choose the adverbs from the Help Box below. You may have extra words.
1. He believes in ghost stories suddenly.
2. She returned more quickly than I expected.
3. I never met such a dishonest person before.
4.He hadn’t seen more exciting football match before .
5. The player soon left the ground.
6. We walked secretly to the camp site.
7. They will reach their hotel hurriedly .
8. You can sit anywhere in my room.
9. I kept the pen somewhere in the study.
10. The little girl ran upstairs.
|Help Box: angrily, hurriedly, somewhere, never, upstairs, anywhere, quickly, secretly, before, soon, suddenly, there|
Let’s learn how to sow seeds:
(i) Some trays or pots are found.
(ii) The trays or pots are filled with soil compost.
(iii) The soil is moistened.
(iv) Seeds are scattered evenly over compost.
(v) Seed tray is placed in a warm place.
(vi) The seedings will come out after a few days.[Now add linkers to show the process of sowing seeds in pots and rewrite to make a paragraph. You can use the following linkers. next, finally, at first, then, thereafter, afterward, at last, after that]
Ans: At first, some trays or pots are found. Then the trays or pots are filled with soil compost. Next, the soil is moistened. After that, the seeds are scattered evenly over the compost. Afterward, the seed tray is placed in a warm place. Finally, the seedings will come out after a few days.
Read the following chart on Pandit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar and then write five sentences on him.
Ans: Mother India has produced many great sons. Pandit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar is one of them. His real name was Ishwar Chandra Bandyopadhyay. He was born on 16th September 1820 at Birsingha in Medinipur. His father was Thakurdas Bandyopadhyay and his mother was Bhagawati Devi. He had a tremendous influence on our education system. He wrote ‘Borno Parichya’, ‘Betal Panchabinsati’, ‘Sitar bonabas’. This great man died on July 29, 1891, in Calcutta.
Complete the following sentences with information from the text:
(1) Lamahatta is located 23 kilometers away from Darjeeling.
(2) The main inhabitants of Lamahatta are tribes like Sherpas. Yalmos. Tamangs, Bhutias and Dukpas.
(3) Lamahatta has been has been developed as an eco-tourism place.
(4) One can clearly see Mount Kanchanjangha the third highest peak in the world from Lamahatta.
(5) Lamahatta has abundant beauty and serene atmosphere.
Answer the following questions:
(1) Which is the third highest peak in the world?
Ans : Mount Kanchanjangha is the third-highest peak in the world.
(2) How far is Lamahatta from Darjeeling?
Ans : Lamahatta is located 23 kilometers away from Darjeeling.
(3) Why is the importance of Lamahatta increasing day by day?
Ans : The importance of Lamhatta as a tourist destination is increasing day by day because of its abundant beauty and serene atmosphere.
(4) What surrounds Lamahatta?
Ans : Pine forest Surrounds Lamhatta.
Read the following passage carefully and fill in the blanks with words from the text:
Once I visited a village in Malda. The village is surrounded by a thick forest. It is located about 36 kilometers away from Malda railway station. It is a very beautiful place to visit. The inhabitants of the village are very simple and hardworking. The atmosphere of the village is very calm and peaceful. My heart was filled with its abundant beauty.
Look at the picture :
Now write five sentences about the picture:
This is a picture of a small village. It is situated in a hilly region. The village is surrounded by pine trees. There is a small mud hut on the slope. The atmosphere is calm and cool.